Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Every day is a winding roaddd...

(that title was just stuck in my head, love me some Sheryl Crow)

My last day as a 20-something.

- Woke up and stalked my phone and everything you all were doing at 7:30 in the morning when I should have been on my way to work.

- Called my mama and talked to her on the way in to work. Per usual. 

- Stopped at the 'ole double arches for an egg and cheese biscuit and a small diet coke, a habit I'm trying to kick in my 30th year. ha!

- Had a PRETTY successful morning in regards to tying up loose ends and getting some things checked off my list at work.

(in case you missed the list)


- Got some upcoming personal engagements/bill stuff in my personal planner and made a list of calls I need to make this week, including doctors and Brighthouse who couldn't get a bill right if you paid them to, oh wait - I do. hmmm.

- Ate salad for lunch. Like a good girl. Turned down Five Guys.

- Had a weird allergic reaction that I haven't had with this type of salad before. It wasn't severe, just confirmation that a doctor's appointment is needed. 

- Had a less productive afternoon but still accomplished some things, including Pinterest stalking for recipes and exercise routines to sprinkle into my evenings.

- Made 3.5 excuses about why I wouldn't be working out or getting any physical activity that night and also contemplated dinner choices. Including a reallll hankering for Publix chicken tenders drowned in honey mustard.

- JM called a little after 5 to let me know reservations had been made for my birthday dinner.

- Stayed a work a little longer and then left and headed to Publix for some shopping - light shopping. Was planning on making grilled chicken with sun dried tomatoes and feta with a side of broccoli. 

- Feeling like a bad ass for going to Publix and NOT buying a slice of cake OR chicken tenders and sticking to my healthier choices. 

- Texted Colleen to see if she wanted to walk the lake, she said SURE so now I'm accountable instead of executing the 3.5 item list of reasons why working out wasn't going to happen.

- Walked the lake with Colleen and then pushed her to talk about things she was uncomfortable talking about while we stretched - I really need to stop doing that.

- Came home and did my ARM workout. (Tone arms in 7 days from Pinterest).

- Planked.

- Started a load of laundry.

- Decided bagel bites were going to be drug of choice for the evening, it was already past 8 and I just didn't feel like COOKING or dealing with raw chicken.

- Hopped in the shower - started another load of laundry.

- Watched the Voice and started - Face your Fears and Do it Anyway book - actually pretty good reading. Thanks Ashley!

- Ate bagel bites .

- Folded laundry.

- Went to lay in bed with Conan on in the background and browsed Pinterest.

- Texted JM good night

- Realized how many good decisions I had made on my last day as a responsible 29 year old and thought I'd blog about it. :) 

30 will be amazing! :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you accomplished a LOT in just one day! Good for you for choosing a salad instead of Five Guys. I'll be honest, I've been dying to try Five Guys but my gut (literally) is telling me I shouldn't. I've heard it's amaaazing.

    It's not cool that you had an allergic reaction to something in the salad. Hope you get that figured out soon!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete