Monday, April 8, 2013

Naples, I need you.

Whirlwind weekend, whirlwind monday, whirlwind LIFEEE.

Just an overhanging side note regarding work in general. It is INSANE right now. We are coordinating local client events to get a new product out there and it's eating up SO much of my time, it's unreal. On top of that I've got two sales guys at conferences, my boss at a golf tournament, DOM comes to work at 4:15 everyday and my "helper" has food poisoning...again. And nothing goes smoothly so on top of the crap load of work - we sprinkle in tons of troubleshooting fun issues to make things that much more difficult.

And BREAK!

Fridayyyy

Ok - Friday morning I helped a local school's Kindergarten class plant a vegetable garden, it was amazing! Such a rewarding experience; parents and teachers were all really involved and the kids were super excited. I hate getting dirty but it was worth it. 

Action shot.


Friday during the day was more of the first paragraph - chaos with coordinating client requests. 

So Friday night I went home and read and watched tv and ate leftovers. Went to bed early in preparation for getting up at 6:45 AM on a Saturday. Jigga whatttt.

Saturdayyyy

Woke up early to meet some people downtown for FANCY FLEA!! So excited, always heard about this event but never went. Basically vintage, arts & crafts and antique type items - but there were like thousands of booths. It was intense and amazing all at the same time. Just a little montage - I'll recap what I purchased another day but it was all for under $70 and I'm SO excited. Yes, we had a wagon. No, that isn't me. 


Met a girl from work for lunch and a tasty adult beverage to sooth my aching back and legs and then went home and CRASHED until JM came over for dinner. We went to Chili's and had some margaritas and then came home and CRASHED again. So fun, can't wait til the next one. My mom will LOVE IT!

Sundayyy

Woke up and hung out with JM for a little and then headed to Orlando to help a friend out that just moved with unpacking/organizing and such. She now lives 69.8 miles from me since we both moved :( . Orlando - so close yet so far. Anyways - after the haul we had an AMAZING brunch with double mimosas. Love those girls. (can't wait to get my hair cut on Thursday!)


Went back to Lauren's and got SOME work done, drank more mimosas and walked the streets with our solo cups hoping to have run-in's with new neighbors. 


All in all - great weekend, SORT of almost relaxing but tons of fun and pretty productive. Had to be up super early to be at a golf tournament to put out fires for WORKKK. :) 

Friday begins my 30th birthday trip to NAPLES for 4 nights - SO excited and I'm telling you, I need this relaxation and time away SO bad. It's coming at the perfect time. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you got, that sounds like an awesome Saturday morning event.

    Planting a garden with kids, too cool.

    Lots of work shit flying around at once, not cool.

    ReplyDelete