Thursday, April 4, 2013

The circus is in town.

I'm going to keep bragging on my good decisions while this circus is in town!

Yesterday at work was bananas and I worked until 6ish - at like 5:30 a coworker texted me to see if I wanted to go to Brass Tap. For those of you unfamiliar with my new SITCH, I can see the Brass Tap across the parking lot from my new apartment. MIGHTY convenient. 

I had already decided I was going home to cook and do some minor leg/arm workouts because I used LUNCH to do a brisk walk around the lake so I wasn't dying in front of my computer screen.

So when she texted I thought, damnit - now I have to go to Brass Tap, there goes my good decision for today. And then it hit me -- you don't HAVE to go to Brass Tap for a drink BECAUSE you were invited, you CAN say no. Foreign. Concept. 

So I said no.

I went home.

Cooked. 

Exercised.

Boom!

And now let me brag via pictures on the meal I made, it was SOO good!!

20 Minute Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta


Before I sat down to scarf it down, I prepared lunch for Thursday and another round of leftovers.


And then I enjoyed my amazingly delicious meal WITHOUT potatoes or bread (jigga what) alongside my favorite girls of Beverly Hills. 


Ok - I've got a ridiculous amount of work to do today so I can prepare to be at an elementary school tomorrow morning earlier than I got out of bed today to help the little ones plant vegetables. I'm such a good person. ;) 

Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Recipe please! That looks so good!

    Congrats to being able to say no to going out. I have to admit, I have a hard time doing that. Made University that much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOM!

    Not a huge fan of sundried tomatoes, but simple chicken and steamed broccoli makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete